Depression Center Colloquium Series
For health professionals and researchers with an interest in depression and related illnesses.
Before using this video archive please make sure your computer meets the following technical requirements:
- Broadband Connection
- Adobe Flash Player version 8 or higher
Please note: CME credit is not available when viewing archived presentations. In order to receive CME credit, you must attend the live presentation. Participants who view the live activity from a remote location can receive credit as long as they are able to interact with the live presenter and audience.
Friday, December 7, 2007
- David A. Mrazek, M.D., F.R.C. Psych., Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Psychology, Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Vicki Ellingrod, Pharm.D., BCPP, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy; Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
Friday, November 16, 2007
Psychotic Depression: New Perspectives on Treatment
- Alan Schatzberg, M.D., Kenneth T. Norris, Jr., Professor and Chairman, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine.
- Dan Maixner, M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor; Director, Electroconvulsive Therapy Program; Director, Inpatient Psychiatry Unit, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
Depression Center Pilot Innovation Grants: An Update
- Daniel Eisenberg, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Dept. of Health Management and Policy, School of Public Health: Healthy Minds Study: New data on help-seeking behavior and access to services for college students with depression and other mental health problems.
- Heather Flynn, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Medical School: Early childhood risk associated with maternal depression: A longitudinal follow up study of children of mothers assessed during pregnancy.
- Leslie D. Hollingsworth, Ph.D., M.S.W., Associate Professor, School of Social Work: Forging Community Partnerships: A Depression Screening Project in Selected Detroit Primary Care Clinics.
- Ilan Kerman, M.D., Ph.D., Molecular & Behavioral Neurosciences Institute, Department of Psychiatry, Medical School: Gene Expression Alterations in the Monoaminergic Circuits of Depressed and Bipolar Subjects.
Friday, September 7, 2007
Neuroimaging: Pushing Back the Frontiers of Psychiatric Illness
- Stephen M. Strakowski, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology, Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering; Interim Chair, Department of Psychiatry; Director, Center for Imaging Research, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Israel Liberzon, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience; Associate Chair, Department of Psychiatry; Chief of Psychiatry, AA-VAAHS
Friday, June 1
Depression in Geriatrics
- Charles F. Reynolds, III, M.D., University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Endowed Professor of Geriatric Psychiatry, and Professor of Neurology and Neuroscience; Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic
- Helen Kales, M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry; Research Scientist, Geriatric Research Education Clinical Center, University of Michigan Medical School
Psychopharmacology of Suicide
- Ross Baldessarini, D.SC., M.D., Professor of Psychiatry (Neuroscience), Harvard University; and Director, Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Bipolar & Psychotic Disorders Program, International Consortium for Bipolar Disorders Research, and Psychopharmacology Program and Consultation Service
- David J. Knesper, M.D., Director, Hospital and Community Psychiatry Section; Director, Hospital Consultation Services; Chair, Adverse Event Review Committee, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Medical School
Thursday, April 19
Social Epidemiologic Perspectives on Depression
- George Kaplan, Ph.D. Thomas Francis Collegiate Professor of Public Health, Director, Center for Social Epidemiology and Population Health, University of Michigan Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health. Click here to view presentation slides [PDF].
- Ana Diez-Roux, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H., Associate Director, Center for Social Epidemiology and Population Health, University of Michigan Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health; Professor of Epidemiology, School of Public Health
Friday, February 16
Acute and Long-term Influences of Psychological Factors on HPA Axis Activity: Implications for Psychiatric Disorders
- Christine Heim, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- James Abelson, M.D., Ph.D., Professor and Director of Anxiety Disorders Program, University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry