Bright Nights Community Forums
The University of Michigan Depression Center’s Bright Nights™ public forum series gives community members the opportunity to obtain up-to-date information on a variety of topics related to depression. The forums are designed to allow for discussion and Q & A between audience members and expert panelists.
Each forum begins with an overview of the evening's topic, presented by an expert from the Depression Center, followed by a Q & A and discussion session between the audience and panel. The panels are comprised of the Depression Center content expert and additional panelists, including participants from outside of the U-M Health System, in order to make this a truly community-wide forum.
Supporting the Mental Health Needs of Returning Veterans
Tuesday, November 18, from 7:00-8:30 pm at the Ann Arbor District Library (Downtown Branch)
- Marcia Valenstein, MD, MS, Professor, U-M Department of Psychiatry, and Member, U-M Depression Center
- Edward J Thomas, LMSW, BCD, Staff Social Worker, PTSD Clinical Team, and Military Sexual Trauma Coordinator, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System
- Nick Anderson, Systems of Care Coordinator, Michigan Army National Guard
Sleep and Depression: Connections from Adolescence through Adulthood
Tuesday, January 27, from 7:00-8:30 pm at the Plymouth District Library, 223 S. Main Street, Plymouth, MI
- Deirdre Conroy, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Director, Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program, University of Michigan
- Richard Dopp, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
- Dawn Dore-Stites, PhD, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Child Behavioral Health and Psychology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Health System
- Shelley Hershner, MD, Assistant Professor, Neurology, and Director, Collegiate Sleep Disorders Clinic, University of Michigan Health System