Bright Nights Community Forums
The University of Michigan Depression Center’s Bright Nights™ public forum series gives community members the opportunity to obtain up-to-date information on a variety of topics related to depression. The forums are designed to allow for discussion and Q & A between audience members and expert panelists.
Each forum begins with an overview of the evening's topic, presented by an expert from the Depression Center, followed by a Q & A and discussion session between the audience and panel. The panels are comprised of the Depression Center content expert and additional panelists, including participants from outside of the U-M Health System, in order to make this a truly community-wide forum.
Thursday, April 16, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at the Liberty School Media Center, 7265 N. Ann Arbor St, Saline
Effective Coping Strategies
- Elizabeth Koschmann, PhD, Research Investigator, U-M Department of Psychiatry and Depression Center
- Joel Benedek, MSW, Social Worker, Saline Area Schools
- Georgia Stamatopoulos, LLMSW, Clinical Social Worker, U-M Department of Psychiatry
- Ricks Warren, PhD, ABPP, Assistant Professor, U-M Department of Psychiatry
Tuesday, May 19, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at theYpsilanti District Library, 5577 Whittaker Road
Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Melvin McInnis, M.D., FRCPsych, the Thomas B. and Nancy Upjohn Woodworth Professor of Bipolar Disorder and Depression, U-M Depression Center