Bright Nights Community Forums
The University of Michigan Depression Center’s Bright Nights™ public forum series gives community members the opportunity to obtain up-to-date information on a variety of topics related to depression. The forums are designed to allow for discussion and Q & A between audience members and expert panelists.
Each forum begins with an overview of the evening's topic, presented by an expert from the Depression Center, followed by a Q & A and discussion session between the audience and panel. The panels are comprised of the Depression Center content expert and additional panelists, including participants from outside of the U-M Health System, in order to make this a truly community-wide forum.
The Impact of Academic Stress on Student Mental Health
Tuesday, September 30, from 7:00-8:30 p.m., at the Ann Arbor Downtown Library, 4th Floor Meeting Room (this is a new location)
- Elizabeth Koschmann, PhD, Research Investigator in the U-M Department of Psychiatry
- Kate Fitzgerald, MD, Assistant Professor, U-M Department of Psychiatry
- Amy McLoughlin, EdM, Counselor at Skyline High School
- Tom Atkins, MD, a private practice clinician in Ann Arbor
Thursday, October 2, from 7:00-8:30 pm at the Liberty School Media Center, 7265 N. Ann Arbor St, Saline (Presented in collaboration with Saline Alive)
- Ben Biermann, MD, Director, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Inpatient Program, University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry
- Joel Benedek, MSW, School Social Worker, Saline Area Schools
- Cathy Radovich, Suicide Prevention Community Advocate, and Administrative Director, Clinical Research Management Program & MICHR Clinical Trials Office
- Donovan Maust, MD, Assistant Professor, Program for Positive Aging, University of Michigan Department of Psychiatry, and Research Scientist, Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System