Bright Nights Community Forums
The University of Michigan Depression Center’s Bright Nights™ public forum series gives community members the opportunity to obtain up-to-date information on a variety of topics related to depression. The forums are designed to allow for discussion and Q & A between audience members and expert panelists.
Each forum begins with an overview of the evening's topic, presented by an expert from the Depression Center, followed by a Q & A and discussion session between the audience and panel. The panels are comprised of the Depression Center content expert and additional panelists, including participants from outside of the U-M Health System, in order to make this a truly community-wide forum.
Wednesday, September 30, 2015 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at the Liberty School Media Center, 7265 N. Ann Arbor Street, Saline
The Importance of Sleep
- Deirdre Conroy, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Director, Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program, University of Michigan
- Brian Pearson, PhD, Psychologist, Still Waters Counseling, LLC
- Kim Bryant, Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admissions, University of Michigan
- Shelley Hershner, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Neurology and Director, Collegiate Sleep Disorders Clinic, University of Michigan.
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at the Plymouth District Library, 223 S Main Street
Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Melvin McInnis, M.D., FRCPsych, the Thomas B. and Nancy Upjohn Woodworth Professor of Bipolar Disorder and Depression, U-M Depression Center, Research Director, Heinz C. Prechter Bipolar Research Fund