Bright Nights Community Forums
The University of Michigan Depression Center’s Bright Nights™ public forum series gives community members the opportunity to obtain up-to-date information on a variety of topics related to depression. The forums are designed to allow for discussion and Q & A between audience members and expert panelists.
Each forum begins with an overview of the evening's topic, presented by an expert from the Depression Center, followed by a Q & A and discussion session between the audience and panel. The panels are comprised of the Depression Center content expert and additional panelists, including participants from outside of the U-M Health System, in order to make this a truly community-wide forum.
Sleep and Depression: Connections from Adolescence through Adulthood
Tuesday, January 27, from 7:00-8:30 pm at the Plymouth District Library, 223 S. Main Street, Plymouth, MI
- Deirdre Conroy, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Director, Behavioral Sleep Medicine Program, University of Michigan
- Richard Dopp, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan
- Dawn Dore-Stites, PhD, Assistant Professor, Pediatric Child Behavioral Health and Psychology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Health System
- Shelley Hershner, MD, Assistant Professor, Neurology, and Director, Collegiate Sleep Disorders Clinic, University of Michigan Health System
Depression During Childbearing Years: Strategies for Prevention, Intervention, and Raising Resilient Children
Tuesday, February 3 from 7:00-8:30 pm at the Ann Arbor District Library, Downtown Branch
- Kate Rosenblum, Ph.D., Clinical Associate Professor, U-M Department of Psychiatry; Director, Women & Infants Mental Health and Infants Program; Co-Director of the Infant and Early Childhood Clinic
- Maria Muzik, M.D., MSc., Assistant Professor, U-M Department of Psychiatry; Medical Director, Women and Infants Mental Health Clinic
- Lisa Hammer, M.D., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, U-M Medical School
- Lulu Zhao, M.D., Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynecology, U-M Medical School