Who we are
The Depression Center draws upon the extraordinary range of expertise in depression care, research, and education that is found across the University of Michigan’s Schools and Colleges and its Health System. The nearly 300 faculty and professional members at the heart of our work share a common goal: to address the public health challenges associated with depression and bipolar disorder by working toward earlier diagnoses, better treatments, and eventual prevention of these illnesses.
- Depression Center members represent a diverse group of experts across many fields and disciplines
- Our Member Directory lists each individual member who contributes to the work of our center
- Member Profiles provide an in-depth look at the work of some of our members and their sources of inspiration for what they do
- The center’s priorities and strategic vision are guided by several advisory bodies composed of recognized leaders from a wide range of disciplines and professions
- The Depression Center is also the founding member of the nonprofit National Network of Depression Centers